THQ Nordic has announced its lineup for Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.
The following six titles will be playable on the show floor:
- Biomutant (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – The post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu Fable RPG will be back at gamescom, and is ready to excite players and media alike – again!
- Desperados III (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – Nominated as best strategy game of E3 2019, Mimimi Games’ new masterpiece will finally be playable for the big audience.
- Darksiders Genesis (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – War or Strife? Choose your Horseman and slay demons in the new coop mode.
- Destroy All Humans! (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – Take one giant step on mankind and help Crypto to infiltrate, exterminate, and dominate all of us!
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – The battle is on! Be among the first to play the remake of the sponge-tastic cult classic!
- ?????????? – A game that will be announced soon, players can get their hands on it at gamescom!
In addition to these titles, three new titles will be shown behind closed doors only. One of those titles will be announced during the Gamescom 2019 Opening Night live stream on August 19.
THQ Nordic will also host a stage show starting at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 a.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. CEST each day, where developers will show off their games, and attendees can ask questions and win raffle prizes. The company will also be live streaming its games and more starting at 1:00 a.m. PT / 4:00 a.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. CEST each day, including interviews with cosplayers, game developers, and internet personalities. You will be able to watch the stream on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
Watch a trailer for THQ Nordic’s Gamescom 2019 lineup below.
Update 07/26/19 at 9:10 a.m.: The new playable title is Monkey King: Hero is Back for PlayStation 4, which is developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment in cooperation with Hexa Drive and published by Oasis Games. The teaser image for the new playable title in the trailer above matches the dragon on the box art for the Monkey King: Hero is Back movie, and the game itself was recently rated by the German USK under the publishing of THQ Nordic. That being said, THQ Nordic will most likely handle retail distribution duties for the title in the west.
Update 08/06/19 at 9:06 a.m.: THQ Nordic has confirmed the new playable title is Monkey King: Hero is Back. Read more here.