The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition producer Yusuke Tomizawa and original version chief director Yoshito Higuchi, who discuss the upcoming remaster, the new structure of the Tales of series from hereon, and more. The most revealing piece of information is that Tomizawa is now the producer for Tales of series console games.
Here are the tidbits:
- “We are planning Tales of series remasters and remakes based on [fan] requests.”
- “[Tomizawa] will be working on [Tales of series] console games as the new producer, including the new title announced at Tales of Festival 2018.”
- “We’re putting our focus first into putting out a game on console, which we haven’t done in a while.”
- “Tales of Crestoria has no direct connection to [other Tales of titles]. It will have a completely new story that is a clear distinction from an ‘all-stars game’ (Editor’s Note: Tales of the Rays, etc.) and serve as an entry point to the series.”
- “(In regards to Tomizawa’s new development structure) It’s not something I can talk about. But it is something I have been involved in behind the scenes since the beginning.”
- “Development is being handled by Bandai Namco Studio, with reliable staff members who built up the series.”
- Higuchi: “I’m working on other titles.”
In related news, the magazine reveals that the newly announced Tales of Crestoria for smartphones will be a free-to-play title with in-app purchases. Its protagonist is named Kanata Hyuuga (voiced by Kouhei Amasaki, illustrated by Kousuke Fujishima).