San Diego Comic-Con 2019
July 18 - July 21
San Diego Comic-Con 2019 will run from July 18 to 21 at the San Diego Convention Center.
Here is the full list of games-related panels:
(All listed times are Pacific Daylight Time.)
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Gears of War Extended Universe – With Gears Pop! and Gears 5 releasing this year, the developers behind Gears of War discuss the past, present, and future of this storied franchise. Studio head Rod Fergusson (The Coalition) along with editor Steve Saffel (Titan), author Jason M. Hough (Titan), editor Chase Marotz (IDW), and author Arthur Gies (Gears of War Retrospective by Udon) share their views on the Gears franchise, describe their approach to storytelling, and go in-depth on the characters and stories behind IDW’s new Hivebusters comic book series and Titan’s upcoming Ascendance novel. Moderated by Gears‘ franchise narrative lead Bonnie Jean Mah (The Coalition), this panel will give fans insight into what’s to come from one of the biggest sagas in gaming. Participate in the Q&A for a chance to win special giveaway items during the panel!
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. – Marvel Games Panel – Get an inside look at the latest and greatest from Marvel Games. Attendees will see exciting new content from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Marvel’s Iron Man VR, and Marvel’s Avengers, with many unannounced surprises and panel exclusives. Moderator Greg Miller (loudmouth at KindaFunny.com) will be joined by Bill Rosemann (VP and creative director, Marvel Games) and other panelists from titles throughout the Marvel Games family.
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Bandai Namco Entertainment Fighting Game Panel – Take a seat as fighting game producers Katsuhiro Harada from the legendary Tekken series, Motohiro Okubo (Tekken 7 and Soulcalibur VI), and Michael Murray (Tekken) provide a behind-the-scenes look at game development, character updates, esports, and more. Also featuring surprise panelists.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Monster Hunter – The world of Monster Hunter continues to grow! Hear the latest news on the series and the upcoming massive expansion, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Members of the Monster Hunter team will be ready to share a look behind the scenes, game design info, and even perhaps some debuts. Featuring Capcom Japan Development Team with Brett Elston and Yuri Araujo from Capcom USA.
- 12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. – World of Capcom – Get a peek at Capcom’s upcoming lineup with the latest trailers and news, featuring Brett Elston, Charlene Ingram, and Mike Lunn from Capcom USA.
- 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Rooster Teeth Special Video Presentation and Q&A – Rooster Teeth is the legendary producer behind the most beloved series, podcasts, and personalities on the internet: the timeless comedy Red vs. Blue, international anime hit RWBY, star-studded sci-fi gen:LOCK, chart-topping Rooster Teeth podcast, and addictive gaming videos from Achievement Hunter. Hear from the Rooster Teeth founders, creators, writers, and talent in this mega-panel featuring exclusive sneak peeks, announcements, and more.
- 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Creating a Believable World in Life is Strange 2 – The creators of Life Is Strange host an exclusive panel discussion! Join Raoul Barbet, co-creative director, and Jean-Luc Cano, lead writer of Life Is Strange and Life Is Strange 2, for an in-depth look at the genesis of Life Is Strange 2. Experience the backstory behind the narrative so far, discover behind-the-scenes secrets of the research involved in creating the game’s relatable characters, grounded settings, and extraordinary events!
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – A Fireside Chat with Cuphead‘s Creators: Chad and Jared Moldenhauer – Brothers Chad and Jared Moldenhauer, creators of Cuphead, discuss the inspiration and cultural phenomenon around the unique quadruple platinum video game and what’s next for the hit franchise. Chad and Jared will participate in a chat moderated by C. J. Kettler (president of King Features and executive producer of Netflix’s Carmen Sandiego and The Tick).
- 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. – Hideo Kojima: Master Storyteller – Visionary creator Hideo Kojima discusses his process as a game director and storyteller, most notably for his upcoming project Death Stranding. Moderated by The Game Awards creator Geoff Keighley, with special guest Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive, Too Old to Die Young).