Pony Canyon announced Deemo the Movie, an animated film based on the popular rhythm game by Rayark, during a panel at Anime NYC 2019. It will be produced by Signal.MD, a subsidiary of Production I.G. parent company IG Port. It will launch in 2020.
Here is an introduction to the movie and its staff, via the official website:
Alone in a castle, a figure plays a piano… Deemo.
One day, a girl falls from the sky.
A castle littered with mysterious inhabitants.
A sacred tree growing by the melody of a piano.
A girl with no memory, and Deemo.
A gentle story that will touch your heart.
Deemo: the rhythm game cherished around the world.
Adapted for an animated film.
- Based on: The original story Deemo by Rayark Inc.
- Screenplay: Junichi Fujisaku, Bun-o Fujisawa
- Character Design: Mebachi
- Image Board: Yoshitsugi Yoshida
- Art: Hiromasa Ogura
- Art Settings: Taiyo Yoshida
- Color Design: Yumiko Katayama
- CG Animation Director: Hiroshi Suzuki
- Modeling Supervisor: Shunsuke Imaizumi
- Technical Director: Kouichirou Tamura
- 3DCG Production: Bros
- Composting: Hisashi Ezura, Akira Saitoh
- Editing: Yoshinori Murakami
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Work: Magic Capsule
- Theme Song: Yuki Kajiura
- Assistant Director: Yoshihiro Hiramine
- Director: Shuhei Matsushita
- General Director: Junichi Fujisaku
- Production: Signal.MD (a subsidiary of Production I.G. parent company IG Port)
- Produced by: Pony Canyon
- Ayana Taketatsu and others
Deemo is available now for iOS, Android, Switch, and PS Vita (as Deemo: The Last Recital). A 3D remake, Deemo Reborn, is due out worldwide for PlayStation 4 on November 21.
Watch the Deemo the Movie announcement trailer below.