Among various system and balance adjustments, the version 2.0 update adds the new “Cross Raid,” “Extra Assault,” and “Rampage Time” systems, as well as the ability to delay the timing of a second character entering the battle for up to one second after your first character is defeated. Full details are available in the patch notes.
The version 2.0 update will be released as a free balance adjustment for all players, while a separate “Version 2.0 Expansion Pack” due out alongside the update will be available for $24.99 and include the following nine new fighters:
- Yumi (Senran Kagura: Estival Versus)
- Neo Politan (RWBY)
- Akatsuki (Akatsuki Blitzkampf)
- Blitztank (Akatsuki Blitzkampf)
- Celica (BlazBlue: Central Fiction)
- Elizabeth (Persona 4 Arena)
- Tohru Adachi (Persona 4 Arena Ultimax)
- Hilda (Under Night In-Birth)
- Susanoo (BlazBlue: Central Fiction)
The Version 2.0 Expansion Pack also features a brand new scenario, as well as new character interactions and colors.
Players who do not purchase the Version 2.0 Expansion Pack will still be able to play against Version 2.0 Expansion Pack characters in online matches.
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is available now for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC.