The latest in Square Enix’s series of “Inside Final Fantasy” developer diaries focuses on Final Fantasy VIII Remastered.
The series provides an in-depth look at classic Final Fantasy titles, and takes a look at some of the secrets and anecdotes from their development.
The Final Fantasy VIII Remastered video features interviews with:
- Yoshinori Kitase (Final Fantasy VIII Director)
- Shinji Hashimoto (Final Fantasy VIII Producer)
- Yusuke Naora (Final Fantasy VIII Art Director)
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
It is a time of war.
The Republic of Galbadia, under the influence of the sorceress Edea, mobilises its great armies against the other nations of the world.
Squall and other members of SeeD, an elite mercenary force, join hands with Rinoa, a resistance fighter, to fight against Galbadia’s tyrannical rule and to prevent Edea from fulfilling her ultimate goal.
This product is a remaster of Final Fantasy VIII, featuring multiple enhancements including additional options to customize your gameplay experience and difficulty, such as:
- Battle assist options (HP, ATB gauge, and Limit Break boosts)
- Game speed boost (x3)
- No random encounters
- Obtain all items and abilities
- Max G.F. levels, currency (gil), and spells
- Obtain all Limit Breaks and cards
Watch the feature below.