Strategy RPG Traditional Tactics is coming to Switch via the Nintendo eShop on September 20 in Japan for 389 yen as Traditional Tactics Ne, developer Daidai announced.
Traditional Tactics first launched for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in December 2016 in Japan. An iOS version was released worldwide with English and Japanese text support in 2017. The Switch version will only support Japanese text.
The following new features are included in Traditional Tactics Ne:
- Play as Natri and Neon in Challenge Mode. (Challenge Mode is playable from the beginning.)
- If you clear Story Mode within 240 turns, then…
- If you clear Neon’s chapter in Challenge Mode in 230 turns, then…
Here is an (edited) English overview of the original game, via its App Store page:
This is turn-based strategy RPG. The rules are simple, smart, and easy to understand! If you like typical strategy RPGs, then this game is perfect for you!
This is the story of a kingdom.
The king has seven children. Today is a very important day as the heir to the throne will be decided.
The king said to the children: “Whoever reaches the deepest floor of The Royal Tomb the fastest will be throned as the next king.”
The Royal Tomb is a cemetery were ancestors and heroes are resting. It is also a dungeon that tests the adventurer’s courage.
The youngest of the royal children, Prince Natri will also challenge this trial.
Can he reach the deepest floor?
- A turn-based and orthodox strategy RPG.
- The player moves units on the map and defeats enemies.
- The rules are simple, but a sound strategy is required.
- If your unit is defeated, it doesn’t vanish.
- “Support Cards” will help you out in a pinch.