Game Freak has released a new trailer for Little Town Hero introducing the RPG’s colorful cast of characters and background music composed by Toby Fox and Hitomi Sato.
Characters introduced in the trailer include:
- Axe – A hot-headed young resident of the village who dreams of the world outside.
- Pasmina – An old friend of Axe’s who spends her days herding sheep with her grandmother.
- Nelz – Axe’s best buddy for many years, doing all sorts of mischief together.
- Ember – Axe’s mother who raised him all on her own.
- Minnie – The village merchant’s daughter whose actions sometime reveal her privileged upbringing.
- Matock – Axe’s self-proclaimed rival who never passes up a chance to try and get the best of him.
- Angard – A veteran warrior dispatched by the Castle to study the monster outbreak.
- King – The ruler of the kingdom who is generous and beloved by his subjects.
- Court Lady – No description.
- Torren – A young swordsman who assists the Minister.
- Minister – A wise man who helps govern the land.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Got any ideas, hero?
The story is set in an isolated village on the edge of the world.
The only gate leading outside is heavily guarded by a castle, and the villagers are not allowed to leave.
Most of the villagers don’t give it a thought, and happily go on with their everyday lives.
However, the protagonist is a little different from the others – he wants to see the world outside.
One day, a “Monster” appears in the village, shocking everyone because until then, no one knew such creatures existed.
The protagonist is able to fight it using a mysterious Red stone he found in the coalmines.
In the course of his defense of the village, he gradually unravels secrets of how the stones and the monsters came to be…
Unlike most RPGs, there is no need to fight weak monsters repeatedly to level grind in Little Town Hero.
Instead, you will need to have a good strategy to fight each boss monster one on one.
…Will the protagonist live the adventure he craves and escape the humdrum village life?
- A challenging battle system which relies heavily on coming up with new Ideas and strategies.
- Compact story progression designed with the busy gamer in mind.
- Soundtrack by Toby Fox, composer of the background music for Undertale.
Little Town Hero is due out for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on October 16 for $24.99.
Watch the trailer below.