THQ Nordic debuted five minutes of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated gameplay during the Gamescom Together Gamescom 2019 live stream.
Here is a brief overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy, and use their unique sets of skills.
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots.
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series.
- Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created.
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions, and carefully polished gameplay.
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen.
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated is in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Watch the footage below.