What the Golf?, a physics-based golf parody game “for people who hate golf,” is coming to Switch in addition to its previously announced PC version, developer Triband announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The golf game for people who hate golf!
A silly physics-based anti-golf game where you get to golf anything. Every golf course is a new surprising type of golf, some brilliant or hilarious, others so absurd they will make you go: “WHAT THE GOLF?”
Golf is always the same: perfectly round balls, 18 holes, blue sky, neatly cut grass, and fancy people in nice clothes. What’s not to hate?–Hate no more!
You must have a lot of questions about our vision for golf.
- Why is the golfer not part of the game?
- Driving range?
- Home in one?
- Can all ball games be reimagined as golf?
- What is a First Person Golfer?
- Are all Olympic Games just special case golf games?
- Could golf “steal” some ideas from other games?
- Can you hear people golf in space?
- How many balls does it take to fix golf?
- How would you like some FLIPPING golf?
If you can imagine it, you can golf it…
With advanced video game technology we can turn anything into a golf game.
What the Golf? is a silly reinvention of golf that doesn’t care too much about rules, pars, eagles, or any of that. You get to hit things and they fly away with fun physics.
It’s a goofy game that borrowed the shooting mechanic from golf but uses it for moving houses, driving cars, and golfing people. What the Golf? has a wide range of different mini-game like levels that all have slightly different mechanics.
- More surprising new golf mechanics than you can imagine.
- Epic golf boss fights.
- Will NOT make you a better golfer.
- Made by people who know nothing about golf.
- First (and hopefully the last) game that let you golf a horse.