Publisher Modus Games has acquired developer The Balance, and the studio’s December 2018-released Override: Mech City Brawl is coming to Switch this fall, the company announced.
The Balance will be operate as Modus Studios Brazil and act as Modus Games’ first in-house development studio.
“This is one of many giant steps for Modus as we strengthen our goal to bring AAA publishing services to independent developers,” said Modus Games CEO Christina Seelye in a press release. “With the creation of Modus Studios Brazil, we will be better positioned to fund and support burgeoning markets and enhance Modus IPs.”
The Balance co-founder Lucas Carvalho added, “We are very excited to embark on this new endeavor with Modus Games. It’s been our dream to push our creative boundaries and work on a wide variety of games, and our new partnership with Modus has made this possible.”
More information on the Switch version of Override: Mech City Brawl will be released in the coming weeks. The game is currently available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
No gears, no glory! Control gigantic fighting robots and duke it out across fantastic cityscapes in this 3D mech-based brawler! Epic and explosive battles await with anime-inspired mechs in local and online versus game modes, party co-op with two to four players, and a single-player campaign.
- Explosive Battles – Take control of a gigantic mech and lay waste to entire cities as you fight other massive opponents.
- Supercharged Mechs – Pilot 12 outrageous mechs of epic, skyscraper-sized proportions, each with diverse fighting styles and unique skills.
- Real-World Locations – Destroy 3D arenas modeled after actual cities and countries, including Tokyo, Egypt, San Francisco, and Mexico.
- Multiple Game Modes – Challenge other players in local and online Versus and Co-op modes and experience Override’s story in a single-player campaign.
- Party Co-op – Gather two to four friends to engage in party co-op where each player is responsible for one part of a towering mech!
- The Garage – Customize your mechs in the Garage, changing their accessories and skins to create your own unique style.
- More Mechs, More Mayhem – Super Charged Mega Edition includes Season Pass, delivering four extra mechs and 16 new skins post-launch, as well as instant access to 12 legendary skins normally unlocked in the Standard Edition.
- Supercharged Co-op Fighting
- Powerful and Unique Ultimates