Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will launch for Switch on November 5 in the Americas and November 8 in Europe, publisher Sega announced.
Sega also announced that in addition to Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 events, which are in 3D, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will also feature Olympic Games Tokyo 1964 events, which are in 2D.
Here is the full list of events in the game:
Tokyo 2020 Events
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Discus Throw
- Dream Karate
- Dream Racing
- Dream Shooting
- Javelin Throw
- Rugby Sevens
- Sport Climbing
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
Tokyo 1964 Events
- 10m Platform
- 400m Hurdles
- Long Jump
And here is an overview of the game, via Sega:
- New Events and More: Debut events including surfing, skateboarding, karate, and sport climbing will all be playable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020; joining the classic event line-up of gymnastics, swimming, 110m hurdles, football, equestrian, and archery.
- Different Ways to Play: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of the Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Split-Screen and Online Fun: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 delivers multiplayer, both local split-screen and online, fun for all ages and groups.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a star-studded Sega- and Nintendo-franchise athlete roster that includes Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, and more to be announced!
- 10 Classic 2D Events: Experience Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games in a brand-new way with classic 2D versions of 10 events from the Tokyo 1964 Summer Olympics.
Watch the 2D events trailer and a presentation from Gamescom 2019 below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.