Dungeon Defenders: Awakened will launch first for Switch and PC in February 2020, followed later by PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, developer Chromatic Games announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Kickstarter campaign page:
Dungeon Defenders: Awakened is a brand-new, cooperative, tower defense action RPG that recaptures the soul of the original Dungeon Defenders.
Here at Chromatic Games, we all agree—let’s go back to the roots of what made the original Dungeon Defenders so amazing!
- Unreal Engine 4 – We current-gen now, defenders! This opens up the possibility for unparalleled visuals, cross-platform support and faster development!
- Four-Player Split-Screen Local Multiplayer – This needs no description!
- Four-Player Online / Offline Multiplayer – Strategize and defend together!
- Nintendo Switch – Not only released on PC, but also Nintendo! Joy-Cons! Motion controls! Portability! Huzzah!
- New Story – Travel back in time as our young Apprentice, Squire, Huntress and Monk thwart the Old Ones’ latest scheme!
- New Bosses – Sharpen your blades and magi-fy your staves, you’re going to need it!
- New Maps – Your journey will take you to new areas in the world of Etheria.
- Improved Attacks – Slashing, slamming and shooting animations that pack a punch!
- Buttery Smooth Movement – Slide and glide with great finesse as you defeat the hordes you doth protest! We rhyme-gen now!
- Beautiful User Interfaces – Be in awe of ALL the menus!
- Visual Fidelity++ – Think Dungeon Defenders II, but on steroids.
- Stat Improvements – Understand how gear affects your gameplay with greater clarity!
- Vastly Better Inventory – Organization never looked so good!
- Gamepad Actually Being Great – A more responsive and modernized control scheme that also takes full advantage of the Nintendo Switch.
- Access Inventory Anywhere – The power of the Forge is in your pocket!
- Tactical Map Overhaul – Get all the information you need to be a legendary tactician!
- Twitch Integration – With a seamless chat overlay and the ability to vote on game-changing mutators, Twitch viewers will influence the fate of streamers and potentially spawn their doom.
- Better Chat Functionality – Communicate strategies on slaying the armies that await!
- Tons of Quality of Life – Mini-map improvements, mana acquisition, lane wisps, multi-hero experience—there’s so much quality of life it’ll affect you IRL!
- And so much more! – New heroes? Towers?
Watch a new trailer below.