Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle is coming to Stadia, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Omega Force announced during the latest Stadia Connect.
Attack on Titan 2 first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and PC in March 2018, while the Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle expansion followed on all platforms except PS Vita in July 2019.
■ Attack on Titan 2
Abandon all fear. Attack on Titan 2 is the gripping sequel to the action game based on the worldwide hit anime series Attack on Titan.
Experience the immense story of the anime alongside Eren and his companions, as they fight to save humanity from the threat of the deadly human devouring Titans. Try your hand in operating the omni-directional mobility gear, maneuvering and flying through the sky to counter the Titans, and feel the thrill and satisfaction of battling giant opponents.
The latest title in the Attack on Titan series is available. Players engage in battle in the world of Attack on Titan from the perspective of a single soldier. Experience the most extreme and evolved Titan-hunting action yet!
- The thrill of hunting Titans with omni-directional mobility gear action! – The thrill of freely soaring through the skies has been taken to the next level! We’ve included moves that allow you to instantly close in on far-off Titans and slice them with “Sneak Attacks,” quickly circle behind Titans and deal large amounts of damage with “Hook Drive” attacks, and more. Achieve evolved omni-directional mobility gear action that is rich with variety.
- Impending horror, bloodcurdling Titans! – Titans are after you! The Titans’ movements and reactions are more menacing than ever as they encroach on the player, but the situation is at its most severe when you enter threatening “danger zones.” Charge forth, fly about, and repeatedly unleash powerful attacks on a battlefield ridden with suspense.
- A familiar story, overwhelming immersion! – Using the story from Season 2 of the anime as a basis, we’ve prepared an original sub-story for the game under the supervision of author Hajime Isayama. Enjoy the world of “Attack on Titan” with an even larger volume of content than the previous title. Also, the story that unfolds before the eyes of you, an original main character, will make you feel as if you are living and breathing in the very world itself.
- An expanded roster of playable characters! – The number of characters has been increased from the previous title from 10 to 37! Enjoy going out to battle with an original character made to your liking.
- Interact with characters to strengthen their bond with your original character! – In Daily Life sections, characters will appear in their plain clothes and show you sides of themselves you normally can’t see. By interacting with such characters and strengthening your bonds with them, they will support your original character through “Buddy Actions,” and you’ll be able to experience each character’s side stories. Strengthen your bond with your favorite characters and set out to battle!
■ Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle contains the latest content for the tactical hunting action series based on the hit anime series Attack on Titan.
- Includes the stories from seasons one to three of the anime! – Includes the latest stories, which are planned to be aired starting in April of 2019 (in Japan).
With situations taken from the original manga, experience the story from the same point of view as the other characters.
- Playable characters have been added! – Characters that played a major role in the 3rd season such as Kenny, Zeke, Nifa, Floch, and Caven join the battle!
- The new equipment “Thunder Spear” has been added! – Thunder Spears are powerful weapons that can be used to get you out of even the direst situations. They are particularly effective against enemies that are tough to cut with a blade, such as the Armored Titan!
- The new equipment “Anti-personnel Omni-directional Mobility Gear” has been added! – While maintaining the thrill of omni-directional mobility from previous titles, you can enjoy all new action by shooting the enemy rather than using blades. In addition to battling the Titans, human versus human battles also unfold!
- The new mode “Territory Recovery Mode” has been added! – A mode in which you invite your favorite characters from the original story to join your regiment, and aim to reclaim the territory beyond the walls. You can freely set teams with combinations of characters that would be unheard of in the original story! Increase the camaraderie among characters, and enjoy conversation events that can only be experienced in the game.
Watch the Stadia announcement trailer below.