The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut will launch digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 27, and physically for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 6, developer inXile Entertainment announced. The Xbox One version will also be available on Xbox Game Pass.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Hidden in the shadows, an evil has waited patiently. Until now. Who will face the darkness if not you? A heroic adventure featuring 50-plus hours of gameplay, 350 speaking parts, a Legacy Mode for returning fans, and over 100 pieces of incredible music!
- Customize How You Play – Define the way you play, using sliders on numerous options such as saving (including “save anywhere”), the mini-map, waypoint markers and many more. Whether you seek a hardcore challenge, a lighter experience, or something in-between, the choice is yours.
- Create the Hero You Want To Be – Play as Bard, Fighter, Practitioner, and Rogue, each featuring 60 to 70 skills and collectively unlocking 21 unique classes. Build an array of characters to make every playthrough a unique experience.
- Craft your Party, Your Way – Start your party with a single character, recruiting or creating new heroes to bolster your ranks. Build a party that suits your play style!
- An Adventure Around Every Corner – Explore towns full of quest givers, fight your way through dark and deadly dungeons, and navigate beautiful rolling hills, dense forests, ancient tombs, and icy wastes.
- Outsmart Evil – Battle your enemies in dynamic, intuitive turn-based tactical combat,that rewards clever thinking. Use superior strategies, thoughtful positioning, and deadly combos to bring down your foes!
- Unlock the Secrets of the Past – Unravel challenging mysteries. If your enemies don’t get you, the devious riddles and dangerous traps just might.
- Elven Puzzle Weapons – The sense of discovery and mystery doesn’t stop with the environment. Gain ancient Elven weapons containing hidden powerful skills which you’ll need to uncover by carefully examining them.
Watch a new trailer below.