Taito has announced Rakugaki Kingdom for iOS and Android devices, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will launch this winter in Japan.
The game uses a graffiti system were the lines you draw become 3D characters. There is also an “Artisan Mode” where you can create characters from scratch, as well as a “Simple Mode” where you can flesh out pre-made characters. Characters can be developed to have a wide range of abilities. In addition to story battles, which play out as three-versus-three turn-based affairs, there are also player-versus-player battles. Players will also be able to post and download each other’s drawings. A ranking feature is also being prepared.
The game’s staff includes:
- Producer: Youichi Shimosato
- Character Design: Sousou
- Scenario: Ken Shimomura (Chain Chronicle)
- Sound Composer: Yuu Shimota (Atelier series, Zunata member)
The game’s cast includes:
- Easel (Heroine) (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)
- Sepia (Tanuki) (voiced by Masako Nozawa)
- Vivid (Fox) (voiced by Toshio Furukawa)
- “Clockers,” the Chosen Ones
- Hiroto Akatsuki (voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki)
- Yuno Momose (voiced by Marika Kouno)
- Mizuchi Shindou (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
- Rei Yuuki (voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto)
- Shion Asuma (voiced by Kazuya Nakamura)
- Tsuksa Miyamae (voiced by Saori Hayami)
- Nagi Nanami (voiced by Yukiyo Fujii)
- Kanade Yukihira (voiced by Naomi Ohzora)
- Ryou Shijima (voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya)
An official monthly YouTube live stream featuring information on the game will begin on July 18. Presenters include Miyuki Sawashiro and Naomi Ohzora.
Rakugaki Kingdom is the latest entry in a series that began in 2002. The first entry, Galacta Meisaku Gekijou: Rakugaki Oukoku (Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color in the west), first launched for PlayStation 2 in March 2002. A sequel, Rakugaki Oukoku 2: Maoujou no Tatakai (Graffiti Kingdom in the west), launched for PlayStation 2 in September 2004.