Pokemon Masters will launch for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play on August 29 as a free-to-start game with in-app purchases, according to its App Store page. It will support English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese language options. Pre-registration is available now via each store.
A preview version of the game will launch on supported Android devices in Singapore starting July 25 and will be “coming soon” to Canada. The preview version will allow players to enjoy select content from the game ahead of its worldwide launch without the need to pre-register on Google Play. All progress in the preview version will be saved and carried over into the final version.
A strategy and battle game where players form team of sync pairs (the combination of a Trainer and their partner Pokemon), Pokemon Masters pits players against AI opponents in three-on-three real-time battles. It is set on the island of Pasio, where Trainers and their partner Pokemon gather to compete.
Developer DeNA has released a series of six gameplay trailers providing a deeper look at the game and its major gameplay features. These trailers include:
- An overview of the game’s battle and progression systems
- A preview of the Story Mode, including a look at the Pokemon Masters League (PML), a tournament that takes place only on the island of Pasio
- How to evolve Pokemon in this game and the special powers that come with evolution
- A look at the unique features of cooperative play, such as the ability to switch between sync pairs during battle
- How to build the perfect team based on each sync pair’s strengths and specific role (Strike, Support, Tech), as well as how to add new sync pairs to your team
Watch the trailers below.