Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, the sequel to the 2013-released “Zelda-like game,” will launch for PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam, Kartridge, GOG, Itch.io, and Humble for $19.99, publisher Analgesic Productions announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Analgesic Productions:
Enter an evocative, surreal, lo-fi 3D and 2D world in the follow-up to 2013’s standout adventure!
Anodyne 2 combines the thrilling scale and cinematic storytelling of 3D games with the tight design and easy-to-pick-up satisfaction of 2D Zelda-like adventures.
Nano Dust infects the islanders of New Theland, distorting their emotions and desires. You play as Nova, a Nano Cleaner who must explore the island, seeking out the sick and shrinking inside their bodies to suction up the Dust.
The art of Anodyne 2 reimagines the PlayStation 1 and Nintendo 64’s lo-fi visuals, setting the stage for you to explore 3D cities, valleys, and wastelands. You’ll also shrink into the varied 2D mindscapes of characters, from snowy, aurora-lit valleys to perilous volcanic construction sites!
- In 3D, run, jump and drive across gorgeous and haunting locales, speaking with strange and memorable characters.
- Choose where you want to go! The sweeping vistas of New Theland quickly open up to exploration. Instantly transform into a car to quickly drive around the world.
- In 2D, use your Nano Vacuum to collect dust, suck up and fight enemies, all while overcoming mind-bending challenges related to the characters’ inner lives.
- Seek magical Cards which expand your access into New Theland’s outer reaches.
- Experience the thrilling and emotional story of Nova. Her destiny is clear: she is the Nano Cleaner who will save New Theland. But strange characters and painful experiences will put her loyalty to the test…
- Similar to the Final Fantasy franchise, there’s no need to play the original Anodyne to understand the story in Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, but longtime fans will find connections between the two! Discover the true nature of the Nano Dust, Nova, and The Center, in the latest game from Analgesic Productions!
Watch a new trailer below.