Publisher HandyGames and developer The Dreamerians have announced A Rat’s Quest: The Way Back Home, a new action adventure game coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via HandyGames:
A Rat’s Quest: The Way Back Home is a Romeo and Juliet-esque story, about a rat and a mouse. Mat, the hero of the game, is trying to find a way to his beloved Nat, a fearless mouse being kept as a pet. Together, they’re planning their escape to freedom: the outside. But beware—this journey is full of dangers, one of them being “THE CLAW”!
Experience a giant’s world from the perspective of our tiny hero, Mat the rat. For you and me, an old closet is only that- but for Mat, it’s a towering dungeon with the promise of adventure! Play hide and squeak with fearsome creatures and slash them with your shiny rivet or fend them off with your sturdy button!
A Rat’s Quest: The Way Back Home is an action-adventure game by Mexican studio The Dreamerians and will be published by HandyGames in 2021. It’s currently in development for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
- Moving Story: Experience a story about love, friendship and keeping promises in three acts.
- Rat Mode: Climb, jump, crawl, slither and sneak like a rodent.
- Hybrid Gameplay: Experience the narrowness in walls and under the floor by a switching perspective between 3D platforming, side-scrolling and top-down.
- Full Immersion: Compasses are for humans. Make your own path! No mini-map, no waypoints… just your rodent survival instincts.
- Tough as Nails: No armor, no ordinance drops. Use the world and your wits to overcome overwhelming danger.
- A Rat’s Evolution: Gather gadgets and “add-ons” to survive the way back home…
- Quests and Choices: Try different approaches when solving riddles and quests.
Watch the teaser trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.