The Sinking City, which is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on June 27, is coming to Switch this fall, developer Frogwares announced during the E3 2019 Nintendo Direct.
Here is an overview of the game, via Frogwares:
The Sinking City is a game of investigation and mystery taking place in a supernatural world inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Step into the shoes of a 1920s private detective who finds himself in the city of Oakmont, Massachusetts. A city suffering from unprecedented floods of clearly supernatural origins and incomprehensible monsters roaming its streets. Can you survive this beleaguered town and untangle the mystic powers responsible for its tragic situation, or will you be driven beyond madness yourself?
- Experience the dark and twisted storyline and atmosphere, inspired by Father of modern horror, H.P. Lovecraft.
- Outrun the madness: your mind is fragile, haunted by horrible visions, and every glance at the incomprehensible may plunge you further into insanity
- Explore the unwelcoming city of Oakmont on foot or by boat and discover its numerous quests, secrets and dangers.
- Choose from an array of iconic weapons in fights against frightening monsters and some deranged citizens, but remember, ammunition is scarce and hard to find.
- There’s no hand-holding in the game, so use your intuition and wits to piece clues together, track down suspects and render justice.
Watch a trailer below.