The Switch version of Bubsy: Paws on Fire! will launch both physically and digitally on August 29, publisher Accolade and developer Choice Provisions announced.
The runner game, developed by the studio behind the Bit.Trip series, first launched for PlayStation 4 and PC in May. The Switch version was also originally planned for release in May, but was delayed the week before release.
Here is an overview of the game, via Accolade:
- Four playable characters, each with their own unique game mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
- An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
- Over 140 levels and variations set across three different worlds!
- Three different boss battles!
- A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
- A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
- Unique character dialog for every level!
- A variety of unique collectible types, ensuring maximum re-playability!
- The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot–we dug deep!