Automachef will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on July 23, publisher Team17 and developer Hermes Interactive announced.
A demo is now available on Steam, which features two tutorial levels and three campaign levels.
Here is an overview of the game, via Team17:
In Automachef players are tasked with creating a series of fully-automated kitchens that can produce a variety of dishes, each is a puzzle where you must overcome spatial, energy and design challenges. Taking care to monitor energy and ingredient consumption, fire and infestation risks. Players must plan, position and programme numerous machines that can slice, cook, assemble and serve delicious meals.
Each kitchen will require multiple machines in order to take, process and complete orders. It is up to the player to decide which machines are needed for each recipe and where to place them in order to deliver meals in a timely manner! They won’t be alone in this culinary journey, fellow human Robert Person will be there to guide them, at least…. he claims to be a human.
- Three tasty modes! Take on the campaign, build a business in Contracts Mode or play untethered in Test Site Mode.
- Feisty robots! Well, robot. Throughout your time in Automachef, you will be accompanied by Robert Person who will offer you help and abundant charm.
- Machines! From the order reader to the assembler and everything in between, you must tell each machine what it needs to do (they can’t think for themselves…yet).
- Human food! Whether it’s cheeseburgers or salads, each recipe requires different machines with different commands to make it… and don’t even get me started on combo meals!
- Blueprints! Created the perfect production line? Save your plans as blueprints to use in future kitchens.
Watch a new trailer below.