The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 30, publisher Bandai Namco and developer Supermassive Games announced.
Pre-orders will include day one access to the “Curator’s Cut” of the game. Here is an overview of the Curator’s Cut, via Bandai Namco:
The Curator’s Cut opens up a myriad of different options and an alternative path through the game, experienced from an entirely new perspective. The Curator’s Cut will reveal its secrets once the game has been completed once, from there, a new world of possibilities open up to players, including:
- A new perspective from different characters are unlocked.
- New options and choices are offered within each scene that requires player choice; new decisions means new outcomes to discover.
- New scenes and secrets not featured in the original playthrough are also unlocked.
The contents of the Curator’s Cut will be made available to players who do not pre-order Man of Medan at a later date.
Here is an overview of the game itself:
Don’t Play Alone
From the developers of Until Dawn…
Enter the world of The Dark Pictures, a series of standalone cinematic horror games. Players will be challenged to explore and uncover each story with the knowledge that all their choices have consequences and all playable characters can live, any and all can die…
Man of Medan is the first game in The Dark Pictures anthology, bringing supernatural horror to the South Pacific. Five friends set sail on a holiday diving trip with a rumored World War II wreck to find. As the day unfolds and a storm rolls in, their trip soon changes into something much more sinister. Who will live? Who will die? It’s down to you. Can you save them all?
- A New Terrifying Experience – Supermassive Games delivers a new, horrific narrative journey where you will have to confront your deepest fears.
- Can you Save Them All? – All payable characters can live and all can die. The choices you make will decide their fate. Death could be just around the corner…
- What Will You Do to Survive? – Each choice you make has a consequence which can mean life or death for your character. Will you keep your head whilst struggling to survive? What decisions will you make?
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.