Oddworld Inhabitants have released a gameplay teaser trailer and the first screenshots for Oddworld: Soulstorm.
Additionally, various publications have gone up with new previews of the title. Here are a few of the outlets covering the game today: Eurogamer, Game Informer, IGN, PC Gamer, PCGamesN, PCWorld, Polygon, and VentureBeat.
Here are a few details from IGN’s preview:
- It is a 2.5D action adventure game that can be approached stealthily or aggressively.
- The environment has multiple layers and NPCs going about their routines.
- Weapons are consumer products redone into firearms.
- The plot revolves around “Soulstorm Brew,” an energy drink with an evil purpose that will unfold over the course of the campaign.
- Ammo can have unique traits.
- The first playthrough should take 12 to 15 hours. Completionists who want to replay and collect everything can expect up to 100 hours, according to Oddworld Inhabitants co-founder Lorne Lanning.
- The game is aiming for a $40 price point.
Oddworld: Soulstorm is due out for consoles and PC in early 2020.
Watch the gameplay teaser trailer and a compilation of gameplay GIFs below. View the screenshots at the gallery.