Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge and Trials Evolution are now playable on Xbox One via Backward Compatibility, Microsoft announced.
Here is an overview of each game:
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Microsoft Store)
Packed with signature high-speed action from its hero, Ryu Hayabusa, the latest chapter in the famed Ninja Gaiden action series brings additional playable characters, a new gameplay mode, a redesigned battle system, the Ninja Skills upgrade system, and expanded online features including bonus content.
In Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, the enigmatic warrior Ryu Hayabusa must fight to lift a curse that threatens to destroy him. Developed by Team Ninja, the fighting game was designed from the ground up to satisfy core Ninja Gaiden series fans with a redesigned battle system, improved enemy AI, greatly reduced QTE interactive sequences, and the bloody return of dismemberment. Even with severed arms or legs, enemies will fight on and players will find they have to constantly change up their attacks to win tough battles – the challenge level leaves very little room for error. However, with perfect attacks players can not only cut off limbs but slice an enemy completely in two!
The Ninja Skills systems lets players use Karma earned in battles to purchase weapon and Ninpo upgrades, feats, and costumes to build their own perfect ninja. Adding to the variety of gameplay, Kasumi, Ayane, and Momiji all join Hayabusa as playable characters. Ayane gets her own chapters in story mode while all three female characters can be played in the new Chapter Challenge mode as well as Ninja Trials co-op play.
Chapter Challenge mode has been expanded to include ten chapters (including new Ayane stages) allowing players compete for the highest possible score in each chapter of the story. Six weapons for Hayabusa are included in the game, and the female characters get their own weapons for even more variety. Additionally, Inferno, Wind Blades, and Piercing Void have been added as new Ninpo. In the new Tests of Valor challenges, players discover Crystal Skulls hidden in each level to be transported to engage in tough boss battles.
The online features in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge have been greatly expanded, including all of the previously paid DLC from Ninja Gaiden 3. The Ninja Skills upgrade system can be used online letting players use Karma to purchase customizable features for the Unknown Ninja used in multiplayer Clan Battles. Players can use all of game’s weapons and Ninpo in Clan Battles, for which five new stages have been added, giving them access to their favorite methods of attack. The number of co-op missions in Ninja Trials mode has been tripled, and all four playable characters are available for this mode.
- Redesigned Battle System: With dismemberment, improved enemy AI, and an upgraded battle system, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge provides the fastest, most brutal, and insanely intense Ninja action game experience in Ninja Gaiden history.
- Play as Kasumi, Ayane, and Momiji: Kasumi joins Ayane and Momiji for the first time in the series as a playable character in Chapter Challenge and Ninja Trials modes, while Ayane has her own chapters in story mode. All three female characters get stunning costume options.
- New Chapter Challenge Mode: Compete for the highest score possible in all ten chapters of the story with Hayabusa, Ayane, Momiji, or Kasumi.
- New Weapons and Ninpo: In addition to Hayabusa’s three weapons, the Jinran-Maru & Blade of the Archfiend swords, Lunar Staff, and Kusari-gama have been added along with Inferno, Wind Blades, and Piercing Void Ninpo.
- Ninja Skills Upgrade System: Karma earned in battle can be used to freely purchase weapon and Ninpo upgrades, feats, costumes, and more.
- New Tests of Valor Challenge: Pick up the Crystal Skulls hidden in each story to be transported to face familiar bosses from the series’ most intense battles.
- Expanded Online Features: Access all previously paid DLC from Ninja Gaiden 3 as well as five new stages for Clan Battles. The Ninja Skills system is available in online play with 64 customizable features for the Unknown Ninja. The number of co-op Ninja Trials missions has been increased from 33 to 100, and Hayabusa, Ayane, Momiji, and Kasumi can all be used in this mode.
Trials Evolution (Microsoft Store)
It’s survival of the fastest with Trials Evolution! Your favorite physics-based motorcycle racer is back in a brilliant new outdoor setting. Ride in real-time multiplayer with two-to-four players, either locally or through Xbox Live. Enjoy a deep, rich single-player career with 50 brilliant tracks, challenging unlocks, and tricky achievements. A massive, powerful track editor lets you build the track of your dreams and easily share it with the world. Or simply download top-rated tracks from around the world, using the all-new Track Central. Customize your bike and rider with awesome gear and unique parts, enjoy unique skill games, try ghost racing, beat your friends’ scores, and more! Don’t miss the madness!