Publisher Funcom and developer The Bearded Ladies have delayed Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition from its previously planned June 25 release date to July 30, as well as announced the “Seed of Evil” expansion, which will launch the same day for $14.99 and is included with the Deluxe Edition. The Deluxe Edition will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Here is an overview of the expansion, via Funcom:
Seed of Evil is an expansion to the award-winning tactical adventure game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden picking up where the original game ended and offering hours of more gameplay, new locations to visit, and a new leading character!
Continue the main story and explore many hours of all new content. Expand your team with the veteran stalker Big Khan the moose and get ready to defeat a new threat to Dux, Bormin, Selma and all the others.
In Seed of Evil you must solve the mystery of the powerful and ominous roots which have taken over the Ark. Discover huge new maps, battle new enemies, improve your mutations, get your hands on all new gear, defeat foes trying to take back lost ground and face off against a vicious new adversary.
To play Seed of Evil it is highly recommended to have finished the main story in Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, because of story spoilers and the level range of the new content.
- Continue the main story – See what happens after the ending of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. Continue into a new future for Bormin, Dux, Pripp, and all the others at the Ark. How will they deal with what they have learned?
- New mutant: Big Khan – You can now add Big Kahn the moose to your squad of mutants. He is a veteran stalker who has been exploring the Zone alone. He is not only skilled at doing critical hits but also has the unique mutations Ground Pound and Flame Puke, which make him excellent at dealing with groups of enemies.
- Face a new threat – The Ark has suddenly become enveloped in mysterious roots and many of its inhabitants do not seem to be their normal selves. Even the Zone Ghouls appear to have been taken over by this new menace and it is up to your team of stalkers to set things right!
- Hours of new content – Take on new enemies in places like the Hall of Electric Coffins and Mausoleum of Suburbia. The new story in Seed of Evil offers a host of new challenges and brutal fights. Get ready to rethink your tactics as you face off against brand new enemies.
- Improve your mutations – Upgrade Bormin’s Hog Rush to Bear Smash for increased power and Corpse Eater to Corpse Feaster so that regaining lost HP no longer costs an action. Upgrade Dux’s Moth Wings to Wings of the Sniper which removes all range penalties.
- Retake lost territory – Revisit places like the Spear of Heavens or Sea Titans as Zone Ghouls and police bots once again encroach upon places you have already cleared. This time they are stronger than ever!
The expansion will be available for pre-order on Steam later today. The Digital Deluxe Edition including the main game and upcoming expansion will also be released today.
Watch a teaser trailer for the expansion below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.