Free-to-play action RPG Dauntless will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store on May 21, developer Phoenix Labs announced.
Dauntless is currently available for PC via PlayDauntless.com. Switch and smartphone versions are also planned for release later in 2019.
The May 21 launch will include “numerous” new improvements and content updates that recently launched in the PC open beta, including:
- The Mastery System – A new way for Slayers to hone their skills, earn experience, unlock achievements, and acquire new rewards. Each Behemoth and weapon has its own unique Mastery card for players to delve into.
- Massive Campaign Rework – Everything from questing and crafting to meeting other Slayers and pursuing Behemoths has received massive updates. The rework also introduces a brand new “End of Hunt” screen, providing Slayers with a wealth of information, including progress made in various Mastery cards, quest rewards, Behemoth break parts earned, and more.
Also due out at launch is “Hunt Pass Season 5: Hidden Blades,” which “transforms the world of Dauntless into a Moon Blossom Festival and offers Slayers a huge variety of thematic gear to flaunt their inner ninja.” As with previous Hunt Pass seasons, it features 50 levels of content across both the basic and Elite tracks, through which players can earn cosmetic rewards and premium currency.
Here is an overview of the game, via Phoenix Labs:
Battle for survival at the edge of the world. As a Slayer, it’s up to you to hunt down the boss-sized Behemoths that are devouring the land. Team up with millions of players as you master challenging co-op battles, craft deadly weapons and powerful armor, and forge your legend as a Slayer of Ramsgate.
Dauntless is a free-to-play online action RPG from Phoenix Labs. Look forward to regular updates, seasonal events, new Behemoths, and more in a rich, evolving world.
- Hunt Behemoths – Powerful, wild, and ravenous for the aether that holds the Shattered Isles aloft, Behemoths are a threat to our very existence. Team up with other Slayers to confront these massive beasts before they consume what’s left of our world.
- Seek Out Other Slayers – Discover your strengths and refine your skills as you fight alongside up to three other Slayers. Whether you choose to hunt with real-life companions or match with Slayers across the globe, you’ll always have a friend in the fight.
- Forge Your Legend – Harness the power of Behemoths you hunt by converting their parts into powerful armaments. Dyes, cells, and transmog stones let you further customize looks and loadouts to define your role as a legendary Slayer.
- Discover the Isles – Join millions of Slayers who call the Shattered Isles home. From the frontier settlement of Ramsgate to the turbulent reaches of the Maelstrom, there’s so much to explore — and so much worth protecting.
Watch a new set of gameplay videos below showcasing Dauntless running on PlayStation 4 Pro and the new character creator, via IGN.