Publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Moonsprout Games have announced Bug Fables, an adventure RPG coming to PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via Dangen Entertainment:
Small Heroes. Big Adventure. Bug Fables is an adventure RPG following three heroes, Vi, Kabbu, and Leif, as they embark on an epic quest in Bugaria in search of treasure and immortality.
The game combines flat objects with 3D physics as the player jumps and utilizes the heroes’ unique abilities to solve puzzles and stun enemies while exploring a variety of unique, colorful areas. Battles are turn-based and with timed button inputs that can enhance your abilities.
Hidden within the foliage of nature lies a small but prosperous continent—Bugaria. Insects from all over the world travel to it in search of the treasure scattered across it. The most sought after of these relics is The Everlasting Sapling! Eating just one of its leaves can grant even immortality! In search of this ancient artifact, a brave team of explorers—Vi, Kabbu, and Leif—will travel across many different environments. In order to do so, they must work together to clear puzzles, defeat strong enemies and help the general bug populace!
- Six chapters of story following the heroes across Bugaria!
- Many unique areas, including: The Ant Kingdom, the treacherous Snakemouth Den, the picturesque Golden Hills, The Lost Sands, and Vi’s home, the Bee Kingdom!
- A vast overworld that transitions into turn-based combat! Use Vi’s Beemerang, Leif’s ice magic, or Kabbu’s horn to defend yourself from foes!
- Action commands which can make attacks more effective, or block enemy attacks!
- A cooking system to turn ingredients into items that can help you in battle!
- A tattle system that lets you hear your party interact with each other as they discover all the secrets Bugaria has in store!
Watch a new trailer below.