The PC version of Dollhouse will be playable in open beta on Steam from April 12 at 4:00 a.m. PT / 7:00 a.m. ET to April 17 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET, publisher Soedesco and developer Creazn Studio announced.
A selected group of players will gain access to the beta one day sooner. Interested users can sign-up here to gain early access to the beta.
The beta includes the first two chapters of the single-player story for about two hours of gameplay. Additionally, two maps from the online multiplayer mode are playable, on which up to eight players can hunt each other down.
Dollhouse is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC on May 24.
Here is an overview of the game, via Soedesco:
The Story of Marie
Welcome to the twisted world of Dollhouse. In the single-player story mode, players assume the identity of the mysterious Marie. Once she was known as “The Greatest Detective in the World”, but now she is suffering from amnesia and desperately trying to get her memories back. All she remembers is that on a catastrophic night, her daughter Emily has died.
Marie is trapped inside the sinister Dollhouse, where the doors are locked, clocks stopped, and journals hidden. To escape, she has to sift through the ashes of reality to recover the charred remains of her memories and find out what happened to Emily. She has to be wary though, because something disturbing and dark is watching her from the shadows. Conflicted by the different personas in her mind, every decision she makes is essential to survival.
- Escape your pursuer as you decipher the eerie story of your past in single-player.
- Customize and upgrade your character with 40-plus abilities and passives.
- Scan the environment and see through the eyes of your pursuer.
- Creep through procedurally generated maps. No restart is the same in any game mode.
- Murder wisely in competitive online Multiplayer where each player has a different target.
- Deepen your fears with 14 playable characters in Multiplayer, each with unique abilities.