Square Enix shared the latest details on Final Fantasy XIV expansion “Shadowbringers” at Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest Tokyo 2019, including the reveal of the Hrothgar race and Dancer job.
Get the details below.
■ Onward to… The First
- Norvrandt is a city that escaped the disappearance from the Flood of Light, but is still barely surviving and is on the verge of dying.
- What has beckoned the Warrior of Light to The First and what will become of the conflict between the Garlean Empire in his absence?
- The fight to restore darkness to the realm begins now!
- A Requiem for Heroes Part 2 (Patch 4.56) goes live on March 26.
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers will take players to the First World and the realm of Norvrandt. This marks the first time Warriors of Light will journey across dimensions and into a land similar, yet different. Here they must become Warriors of Darkness to restore night and save the world from the apocalypse the Flood of Light promises.
■ New Player Towns
- The Crystarium – Located in Norvrandt, this city will serve as a player hub.
- Eulmore – An affluent city ruled by the elite that will play a key role in the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers main storyline.
■ Massive New Areas
■ Version 5.0 Features
- New level cap (from 70 to 80)
- Battle system maintenance
- New Job (Gunbreaker)
- Challenging new dungeons
- New NPC Assist System: “Trust”
- New Game+
- World Visit System
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard: End-game content for Disciples of the Land and Hand
- YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse
■ New Job: Dancer
- Role: Ranged DPS
- Main Arm: Throwing Weapons
- Associated Class: None
- Starting Level: 60 (tentative)
Dancer joins Gunbreaker as one of the new jobs in Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. This ranged attacker not only unleashes powerful attacks using throwing weapons, but also performs dances to execute abilities and provide beneficial effects to their party.
- Throw weapons to deal damage to targets from afar
- Perform dances to execute abilities
- Some dances will enhance party members
■ New Beast Tribe: The Dwarves
- Never without their helmets
- Never without their beards
- Experts in mining and metallurgy
■ Names on the Source vs. Names on The First
- Hyur -> Humes
- Miqo’te -> Mystel
- Elezen -> Elves
- Roegadyn -> Galdjent
- Au Ra -> Drahn
- Lalafell -> Dwarves
■ Scourge of The First: Sin Eaters
- New Primal: Innocence
- Challenging new high-end raids
- New Raid: Eden – This new high-end raid content will feature multiple challenging bosses, as well as a new character (Gaia)—both designed specifically for this raid series by Kingdom Hearts director and Final Fantasy series veteran Tetsuya Nomura.
■ New Playable Race: The Hrothgar
- New Playable Races: The Viera and The Hrothgar
- Only males playable: Hrothgar
- Only females playable: Viera
- Both have unique heads
- Both have unique customizable features
- Both have two clans
- Counterparts in The First
- Hrothgar –> Ronso
- Viera –> Viis
The Hrothgar player race compliments the recently announced Viera as the second new playable race in Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. The Hrothgar and Viera will both have unique, customizable features specific to their races.
Watch the latest set of trailers below. View the latest screenshots at the gallery.