2D action RPG Niffelheim is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch this spring, developer Ellada Games announced.
The PC version, which launched in September 2018, today received a major content update (version 1.0.008) with the following changes:
- Balance updates to bosses and enemies alike! Loot has also been rebalanced with a new loot spawning system.
- Action tips provided on-screen to provide a more comfortable and welcoming experience for new and returning players that can be disabled in the settings menu.
- Never be hungry! Satiety has been rebalanced to ensure players’ stomachs stay fuller longer to keep starvation at bay.
- All character animations have been reworked so each character will have a refreshing bit of individuality.
- Enemy mobs and bosses have been randomly dispersed among dungeons so that each exploration is unpredictable and thrilling!
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Warriors remain warriors even after death. Set out on the path to the last challenge and prove yourself to the Gods. In life you were never frightened by the cold, darkness and death, and you won’t fear now. make sure you have enough provision, defend yourself and unravel the mysteries of these lands.
- Do not become forgotten – Crush anyone who dares to attack your lands. Each fallen enemy brings you closer to Asgard! Bones, teeth, fur – use all of that as your weapons and armor. Build a fortress that will cover you from enemy attacks as well as help you destroy the attackers. The Death Priests will issue ultimatums. Will you comply or reject their orders and join the fight of their dead minions?
- Find a way out – Collect all the pieces of the portal to Asgard. But be careful – these are fiercely guarded by mighty giants, undead and deadly spiders.
- Craft – Brew various potions from mushrooms and slayed beats to become stronger. Cook the best dishes to feed all you friends. Brew poison that will kill the most powerful troll.
- Explore ancient caves – Reach the very heart of the world to find powerful artefacts that will help you win the final battle. Find out what is hidden in the darkness.
Watch a trailer for the new update below.