16-bit party fighting game Super Slime Arena, which first launched for PC via Steam in January 2018, is coming to Switch with an exclusive new Story Mode, publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer JellyTeam announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Dangen Entertainment:
Super Slime Arena is a multiplayer party fighting game embracing equal parts accessibility and chaos. Every slime has a unique attack and every attack is a one-hit-KO. Every time your slime gets KO’d, you respawn as a different character. True mastery demands understanding of 32 slimes with unique qualities, and learning how their abilities interact in over a thousand possible match-ups!
- Play on 12 unique stages in five different game modes. Dive into the chaotic action of Shuffle mode, or carefully consider each match-up while picking and counter-picking slimes for Elimination mode. Explore the wilds of the Rainbow Jungle, ricochet off walls in Lucky Neko Pinball, or fight between high-speed trains at Slime Station.
- Exclusive new Story Mode for the Nintendo Switch!
- Enjoy handmade 16-bit pixel art backgrounds and an original, retro-inspired soundtrack from various artists.
- Fight with all of your friends, and all of your controllers! Enter the arena using nearly any controller from retro to modern, fight sticks or flight sticks, plastic guitars and bongos!
- Inspired by a plethora of 90s Japanese console games and modern party game classics, Super Slime Arena seeks to capture the unique joy of playing together in a friendly and approachable fighting game for everyone!
Watch the launch trailer for the PC version below.