Publisher Ubisoft and developer Massive Entertainment have detailed the free post-launch content and “Year 1 Pass” for The Division 2.
Here are the details, via Ubisoft:
Free Post-Launch Content
Following Tom Clancy’s The Division 2’s endgame-first philosophy, players can look forward to a full year of free post-launch content that includes Episodes, free major content updates with additional narratives and missions, new player-versus-player and player-versus-enemy modes, and new specializations. Each specialization brings a new signature weapon and skill tree to unlock and master as players take on new high-level challenges. Players can expect the following content:
- Tidal Basin, releasing shortly after launch, will reveal a new challenging stronghold held by the Black Tusks.
- Operation Dark Hours, also releasing soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division.
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Autumn 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon and unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations.
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
Year 1 Pass
- For players who want to get their hands on new content as soon as possible, the Year 1 Pass will grant players the following:
- Seven-day early access to All Year 1 Episodes narrative content.
- Instant access to all Year 1 Specializations as they release.
- Eight Classified Assignments revealing more about the fall of D.C.
- Exclusive cosmetics and additional in-game activities, such as base of operations projects and bounties.
The Division 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 15. An open beta will run from March 1 to 4.
Watch a new trailer and TV spot below.