Following a tease last week, publisher PQube and developer Art Co. have announced Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa, PQube’s first original IP project and new visual novel due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam) in 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via PQube:
Welcome to Fujisawa Academy—an educational institution where nothing is as it seems and every pupil hides a secret.
Having enrolled as a transfer student, everything feels pleasantly familiar. The pupils are friendly, the staff attentive. All the ingredients for a successful academic career. But you’re not here for a quiet life.
Having made a pact with Mon-chan, a sarcastic demon fox, you wield the power of Kotodama – a means of coercing the truth from those who seek to lie to you.
It’s not a power to be used lightly. Tasked with infiltrating the secretive Fujisawa Academy it soon becomes apparent that uncovering the sinister goings-on behind the seemingly normal façade may give you more than you bargained for…
- Investigate the secrets of Fujisawa Academy across seven chapters of visual novel.
- Each chapter hides the truth to each of the seven mysteries.
- Battle key characters using “Kotodama”—the power of words.
- Interrogation battles see you stripping your target naked—to expose the truth behind the lies!
- Uncover key words in the game’s investigation phase.
- Nothing is as it seems! Kotodama intentionally plays on classic tropes and cliches.
- Repeated playthroughs will yield new facts within the story.
- Continue to play the fiendish puzzles in Fantasize Mode to perfect your high scores!