PM Studios and Acttil will release a physical edition of Aquiris Game Studio’s arcade racing game Horizon Chase Turbo in May in North America, the companies announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via PM Studios and Acttil:
This tribute to classic arcade racers is an updated version of the highly acclaimed award-winning Horizon Chase World Tour, and is inspired by the greatest hits of the 80s and 90s, such as Out Run, Top Gear, and the Rush racing series. Relive that classic arcade gameplay as you master each racing circuit and blast your way past opponents at the speed of fun!
Featuring a fresh, stylized take on old-school 16-bit visuals, 4-player local multiplayer, over 100 tracks spread across dozens of locations, and a thumping soundtrack from industry legend Barry Leitch, Horizon Chase Turbo is ready to take you for a ride!
- Couch Multiplayer – Sit down with family and friends for a night of adrenaline-pumping split-screen action! Nintendo Switch lets you bring in up to four players to share a single screen, in any game mode! But be careful – out on the track, a friend can become an enemy in a flash!
- Select Your Style – Whether playing alone or with friends, you can travel the globe in World Tour mode, jump straight into intense driving action in Tournament mode, do your best to survive the harrowing test of Endurance mode, or go up against the ever-changing challenges of the all-new Playground mode!
- Always a New Challenge – The brand-new Playground mode serves up an ever-changing selection of races – time attacks, mirrored tracks, infinite nitro challenges, and even severe weather danger await you! Compete against the best times of fellow racers and aim for the online leaderboard top 50! And who knows what the next season might bring…?
- 16-Bit Reinvented – Horizon Chase Turbo has a retro soul reincarnated in a stylish modern body. Take control of over 30 nitro-burning speedsters and experience dazzling sunsets, pounding rain, raging blizzards, blinding sandstorms, and even deadly volcanic eruptions!
- A Legendary Composer – Industry icon Barry Leitch is responsible for dozens of classic game soundtracks, including Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear, and the Rush series. And now he’s returned to grace us with another heart-stopping set of beats to get your blood pumping!
Watch a trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.