Dragon Quest Builders 2 will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on July 12 in North America and Europe, Square Enix announced. The PlayStation 4 version will be published by Square Enix and Switch version will be published by Nintendo.
Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
As the follow up title to the critically acclaimed 2016 game, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Builders 2 packs in even more content and unlimited building combinations in an all-new original story with new characters, world, and gameplay to satisfy longtime fans and newcomers alike.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 introduces online multiplayer for the first time, allowing up to four friends to play together and create something truly magnificent. It also features a plethora of new gameplay enhancements, including the ability for players to:
- Construct bigger structures with more variety and options than before,
- Travel faster by soaring, swimming and dashing through the expansive world,
- Inspire villagers to help out alongside them,
- Create their own farms and raise a multitude of crops,
- Divert flowing water to create your own rivers, waterfalls, and swimming holes,
- First-person mode and more.
Watch the opening movies below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.