Stellaris: Console Edition will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on February 26, publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Tantalus Media announced.
The game will be available in $39.99 standard and $59.99 Deluxe editions. The Deluxe edition includes the core game alongside the “Plantoids Species Pack,” “Leviathans Story Pack,” and the “Utopia” expansion, which will be downloaded automatically at their release in the months following launch.
Here is an overview of the game, via Paradox Interactive:
Featuring the same deep strategic gameplay as Paradox’s original Stellaris, with rich and diverse alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris: Console Edition puts the complexity of the galaxy at your thumbsticks. Whether you’re exploring the unknown, discovering the mysteries of the universe, or conquering it for the glory of your empire, console players have more inter-galactic strategy awaiting them than ever before.
- Behold the enormity of space with procedurally generated galaxies and an untold number of planets to explore.
- Encounter a myriad of wild, quirky, and dangerous alien races who may prove to be crucial trade partners or conquering forces hellbent on enslaving your civilization.
- Take on strategic space warfare and resource management to ensure the survival and advancement of your empire.
- Explore scientific anomalies and uncover technological wonders throughout the galaxy to utilize them toward your own gains.
- Govern your own fledgling empire and secure your power and agenda through manipulating internal policies, factions, traditions and more.
Watch the pre-order trailer below.