Heaven’s Vault, an archaeological science-fiction graphic 3D adventure game originally planned for release in 2018, will now launch for PlayStation 4 and PC this spring, developer Inkle announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation.com:
Uncover a Forgotten Past
Archaeological science-fiction adventure from the creators of 80 Days.
From the creators of multi-award-winning 80 Days, Heaven’s Vault is an archaeological science-fiction adventure game set amongst the ruins of an ancient space nebula. Uncover a forgotten past, and decipher a lost language, as you explore the secrets of Heaven’s Vault.
Lush 3D environments combine with expressive hand-drawn character art and a powerfully adaptive narrative to create a living world that reacts to every discovery you make.
- An Ancient Nebula – The Nebula: a collection of scattered moons linked by rivers through space. Once home to a proud Empire, its origins are lost in the depths of time, undiscovered – until now.
- A Mystery to Solve – When a roboticist goes missing, the trail leads archaeologist Aliya Elasra and her robot assistant Six to the ruins of a previously unknown age – and a discovery that will change the Nebula forever. What lies waiting in Heaven’s Vault?
- Explore – Freely explore thriving villages, market towns, lost palaces, ancient temples, cavernous mines and more. Visit sites in any order you want: the game’s adaptive narrative remembers every discovery, every action and every choice you make to weave your own unique storyline. But remember: opportunities can be lost as well as seized, so choose wisely!
- Translate – Ancient inscriptions in a hieroglyphic language are waiting to be deciphered. A puzzle mechanic with a twist: Your translations feed back into narrative, right or wrong, changing the story.
- Interact – Characters in Heaven’s Vault react to everything you do and remember everything you say, changing their approach to you based on how you act. Some will be friendly, some cautious, and some are out to trick you. You have been warned!
- Sail – Sail the open rivers of the Nebula in Aliya’s ship, the Nightingale: locate lost sites and secret ways, track down shipwrecks and ruins.
Watch a new story trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.