Developer Parable Worlds has announced Adams Ascending, a “supernatural exploration game set in a deep dimension of the soul.” The game is seeking $35,000 in funding on Kickstarter for a PC release in early 2020, with plans for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch if the funding allows it.
Here is an overview of the game, via Parable Worlds:
Adams Ascending is an inspiring, soulful exploration for new life and childlike revelation. It’s an immersive story driven game where the amount of dedicated exploration and gameplay choices made, will determine how the story unfolds. Will you make the decision to take on the world with physical strength or supernatural powers? The choice is yours. This game is a reflection of the soul and how your decisions can impact the world, but more importantly – your future.
You play as Adam, an interstellar explorer searching for life. After discovering a powerful secret, a chain of events leads our explorer to an unknown dimension of limitless potential. Investigate why and how you’ve arrived into this unknown phenomenon, but most importantly who you need to become to find your way home.
- A supernatural exploration set in a dimension of the soul.
- Multiple choice path of gameplay with purpose driven challenges.(One path is based on an internal, selfless struggle with the reliance on your spirit, heart, and soul the other an external battle involving brute force and the reliance of your own self).
- Unique environments that hold the secrets of life’s mysteries.
- Narrative driven pacing, focused on storytelling with detailed and captivating atmosphere that drives the players own purpose.
- Environmental puzzles that involve the player to use their own spirituality and purpose to solve the world’s mysteries.
- Solving obstacles that involve taking a leap of faith rather then precise calculations of intellect.
- Disrupting the laws of physics (walking on water, raising the dead, and manipulating the physical world with Faith, Hope, Love or Fear, Doubt, and Anger; the choice will be yours).
- Investigating environments to collect pieces of yourself and using discovered objects to explore, solve, and survive.
- Music by Voltz Supreme.
Watch the announcement trailer and pre-alpha gameplay below.