Publisher HypeTrain Digital and developer Leap Game Studios will launch a Kickstarter campaign for 2D beat ’em up Tunche on January 14, 2019, the companies announced. The game is planned for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Tunche is a glorious return of classic 2D beat’em up gameplay mixed with roguelike elements, 4-player co-op and some creepy voodoo witchcraft. Explore breathtaking, hand-drawn Amazonian world, defeat epic bosses and master the ancient magical arts!
Tunche is a 2D beat’em up which tells a mysterious story based on a legend of Peruvian folklore. Combining hand-drawn animation with risky roguelite gameplay and fast-paced combat, Tunche creates an unfortgettable experience of fighting through hordes of monsters crawling deep in the Amazonian jungle. Go solo or form a team of up to 4 players and embark on a journey that creates new challenges every time you play!
- Explore the breathtaking, hand-drawn world of Amazonian rainforests!
- Unravel the secrets of mysterious Peruvian legend!
- Team up with friends in 4-player co-op mode!
- Use vast arsenal of fighting moves and magical arts to defeat your enemies!
- Face epic bosses and show them what you’ve got!
- Learn and adapt — every playthrough is unique!
Watch the Kickstarter trailer below.