“Super hyper goofy shoot ’em up” The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Special will launch for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store and PC via Steam on November 30 in North America and Europe, publisher Degica Games announced.
All users who already own The Game Paradise: CruisinMix will receive The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Special as a free update.
In Japan, The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Special is due out for PlayStation 4 both physically and digitally on November 29.
Degica Games will also release standard and limited physical editions for The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Special via Limited Run Games. The “Paradise Box Edition” will include the following content:
Paradise Box Edition
- A copy of The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Special for PlayStation 4
- 128-page Memorial Works art book – Artwork and materials from the series. Includes Tatsuya Souma’s original storyboards.
- Two soundtrack CDs – An exclusive remix of all nine characters’ time attack themes and the console version soundtrack, too.
- Anime OVA DVD (English subtitles) – A reissue of the anime from the 1997 release subtitled in English for the first time.
- Four downloadable contents (Clarice, Homura Banto, Voice pack, and Tatsujin) – Clarice, Homura, and Tatsujin included in Arcade Mode+ with remixed theme tunes for Time Attack, too.
- 21 replica flyers – High-quality replicas of original Japanese flyers straight from teh Jaleco archives.
Here is an overview of the game, via Degica Games:
The Game Paradise is Jaleco’s self-parody-filled shooting game, full of tongue-in-cheek references to video game tropes, off-beat humour and sociopathic pigs.
Released to arcades in 1995, upgraded for its console debut in 1997, now the original developers have got back together to bring the ultimate revival to PlayStation 4 and PC.
- Six stupendous ships (robots, schoolgirls, ace pilots, and pigs?!).
- Eight parody-fueled stages (JRPGs, driving games, karaoke and more).
- Multiple soundtracks, display modes and other extras.
- Online leaderboards, time attack modes and eggplants galore.
- A nostalgia-packed data library of Jaleco history.
- Did we mention bomb-wielding pigs?
The international version features subtitled story skits, songs and fully-voiced ‘commentary’ in the data library, where the characters argue amongst themselves while explaining the various featured titles.
The Special edition adds exclusive remixed tracks for all characters, a new Clarice bomb, and more and will come as a free update to all current owners of the game!
Watch a new trailer below.