The PC version of Killer7 is now available via Steam at a 10 percent-off launch week discount price of $17.99, publisher NIS America announced. It will change to its standard price of $19.99 on November 22.
In an e-mail to press, NIS America highlighted a few noteworthy updates to the PC release, including:
- All drawn animation sequences have been upgraded to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio of modern computers.
- The entire game is rendered at 60 frames per second, excluding the “reload” animation. Increasing the frames to 60 per second during the reload animation introduced unwanted artifacts at every other frame, so in order to “keep the behavior true to the original,” the animation has been locked at 30 frames per second.
- Key bindings can be reconfigured through a variety of options. Some of the actions that make the game a more natural experience for keyboard and mouse users have also been split up. For example, “Walk,” “Accept,” and “Fire” were originally bound to the A button on GameCube, but can now be split into individual button configurations, such as walking with the W key and firing with the left mouse button.
- Players can quickly swap between Harman’s different personas using the number keys 1 to 6 on the keyboard. (This can also be configured.)
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
From the minds of iconoclast writer and director Suda51 (Goichi Suda), and legendary directors Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Shinji Mikami, killer7 returns for the first time in over 13 years! From the renowned studio Grasshopper Manufacture, Ltd. comes a cult classic adventure game that cemented the studio’s international fame and recognition.
Dive into a dark world of underground assassins in a tale of revenge as Harman Smith, a man who manifests seven deadly personalities into the real world, known as the killer7. Take control of this distinct murderers’ row as they hunt down the sinister Kun Lan, to stop his plan of world dominance, and end his organization of deadly suicide bombers known as “Heaven Smile.”
killer7 chronicles the connection between two men whose intertwined path develop into a compelling tale of revenge and altering personas, propelling players into the consciousness of one man, Harman Smith and his seven different personalities.
Your goal: stop Heaven Smile, a group responsible for a wave of indiscriminate violence that is plaguing the world. Unique characters, complex story, and dark imagery presented with striking cel-shaded graphics are all the essential ingredients for this classic title.
- Multiple Personalities – Take control of Harman’s distinct seven personalities, each with their own appearance, personality, weapon of choice and special ability.
- A Sinister Foe – Face off against the “Heaven Smile” organization in a unique combination of first and third-person shooting mechanics.
- Killer Moves – Utilize the full host of killer7’s special abilities to reveal secrets and solve puzzles.
- Your Pick – Switch between personalities at will to best tackle every encounter.
- A Dark Path Awaits – Follow a deeply engaging storyline brought to you by one of the highly acclaimed creators of all time, Suda51.
- A New Look – Optimized for PC, now experience the cult classic like it never has before!
- A Killer Style – A timeless visual style that wowed audiences from its first reveal, perfectly ported to modern machines.
Watch the launch trailer below.