Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition is now available for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store in Japan and Asia.
Here is an overview of the Free Edition, via PlayStation Store Hong Kong:
- In Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition, you can play part of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for free.
- You can play online and offline battles with four characters, who change weekly. (Some game aspects differ from the full version.)
- Story mode is not available.
- You must be a PlayStation Plus member to play online multiplayer mode.
- Free characters will be switched out after a fixed time.
- If you purchase a character’s starter pack, you can use them at any time, regardless of the current roster of free characters. (Even if you purchase a character, they will still be included in the lineup of weekly free characters.)
- There are two types of characters: the 28 from the full version, who appear in the weekly lineup for the Free Edition, and DLC characters, who won’t appear in the weekly lineup. Please be aware of this when purchasing starter packs.
- You can battle online against users from the full version.
- You can carry over your Free Edition save data to the full version.
Square Enix has yet to announce a western release of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition, but English trophies have surfaced on Exophase. The Asian version of the game only seems to support Chinese and Korean language options.
Watch a trailer below.