New fighter NiCO and returning fighters Kokoro and La Mariposa will be playable in Dead or Alive 6, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja announced.
Here are the latest details and an overview of each fighter, via Koei Tecmo:
The new DOA Central mode is open! Customize your favorite characters before joining the fight!
NiCO (voiced by Sumire Uesaka)
The Lightning Technomancer
- Country: Finland
- Age: 18
- Blood Type: A
- Height / Weight: 149cm / 41kg
- Occupation: M.I.S.T. Researcher
- Favorite food or drink: Joulutorttu
- Hobby: Experiments
- Fighting Style: Pencak Silat – NiCO is a practitioner of Pencak Silat, a historic martial art of Southeast Asia. She also employs her three “EMF” rings to boost her attacks and allow her to move with an ultrahigh speed.
A genius scientist, introduced under the codename NiCO, Donovan has entrusted her to spearhead the newest M.I.S.T. secret development project. Despite her youthful and innocent appearance, she provides a genuine threat to the ninjas with her sharp, analytical mind and her natural sense for martial arts. Although, it would seem that she also has her own reasons for undertaking this assignment…
Kokoro (voiced by Ayako Kawasumi)
The Ba Ji Dancer
- Country: Japan
- Age: 19
- Blood Type: A
- Height / Weight: 158cm / 49kg
- Occupation: Student / Maiko
- Favorite food or drink: Anmitsu and shiruko
- Hobby: Piano
- Fighting Style: Ba Ji Quan – She has very powerful mid-range attacks, using elbow and palm thrusts, and specializes in throw moves aimed to destroy her opponent’s stance.
A young woman training to become a maiko and in the art of Ba Ji Quan in Kyoto, she has matured and improved her skills with every DOA Tournament. Cheerful and positive, she has developed a lithe and graceful fighting style combining both hard and soft elements, representing the spirit she has refined through her maiko training. But what goes through her heart now, as her mother Miyako, the fifth lover of DOATEC founder Fame Douglas, has decided to defect to M.I.S.T., leaving Kokoro behind?
La Mariposa (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto)
The Immortal Butterfly
- Country: USA
- Age: Unknown
- Blood Type: Unknown
- Height / Weight: 175cm / 53kg
- Occupation: Luchadora
- Favorite food or drink: Apple Pie
- Hobby: Scuba diving
- Fighting Style: Lucha Libre – La Mariposa’s Lucha Libre style excels at aerial attacks, while her tricky movements disrupt her opponents’ rhythm.
Tina’s rival from her professional wrestling days. A luchadora proficient in a range of spectacular and acrobatic attacks. Beneath her mask, however, she is the DOATEC’s researcher Lisa Hamilton, the head of the Project Epsilon, which was used to conduct experiments on Hayate. During the 5th Tournament she was caught in the explosion following the deadly battle between Rig and Hayate, and it was rumored that La Mariposa had retired…
A research facility built by M.I.S.T led by Donovan. What kind of research are they really conducting in this haunting place?
A quiet street of an old Japanese town, captured during a calm afternoon hour. There’s a steep hillside hidden by a bamboo thicket, and if you push your opponent towards it just right…
… they will crash right through and land on a secluded spot, surrounded by autumn-colored trees and a small pond. Why not add a little atmospheric magic to your fight!
Dead or Alive 6 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 15, 2019. An arcade version is also planned for release in Japan.
Watch the reveal trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.