A one-minute video of an alleged Harry Potter open-world action RPG currently in development has surfaced online.
The footage was posted on Reddit by user VapeThisBro, who claimed the footage was recorded during a focus test. While cameras and phones were not permitted, the user said he was never checked or given a non-disclosure agreement to sign.
Here is the video (backup available here):
The following fact sheet was provided:
Set in the 19th Century (1800s) Wizarding World, this third-person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived fifth year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant ancient power.
Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins to brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.
On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts, you will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny. The Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.
- Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types.
- Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding World.
- Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
- Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time.
- Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
- Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films.
In April 2017, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment was seeking senior writers “with a deep understanding of British culture and grammatical presentation” for its Avalanche Software studio, suggesting the Disney Infinity developer could be responsible for the alleged Harry Potter title.
Update 11:10 a.m.: Eurogamer has reported that “sources with knowledge of the project have confirmed to Eurogamer that the project is indeed real and currently in development.”