Free-to-play team battle action game Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2 for PlayStation 4 is now playable in English, Bandai Namco announced.
The game is currently available in Japan, Hong Kong (English store, Traditional Chinese store, and Simplified Chinese store), Taiwan, and Korea. Gematsu can confirm the English option is available in both the Japanese store and Hong Kong English store versions of the game. We have not tested the other versions.
New players will be presented the option to change the game’s language upon starting. Existing players can change the language via the game’s options (in the Japanese version, look for a setting called “言語設定”).
Here is an overview of the game, via its newly launched English official website:
Win battles and become the best Mobile Suit pilot ever!
- Maximum Six-versus-Six Online Battles – Join players around the globe in six-versus-six team online battles! Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2 features the critically acclaimed land combat of its predecessor, and turns it up a notch by adding all new space battles! Fight for survival with your comrades on realistic battlefields!
- Infantry Battles – Mobile Suits aren’t the only heroes on the battlefield! Pilots can place bombs in enemy bases or request support fire to contribute to the cause! Sometimes, infantry fights can even decide the outcome of the battle!
- Acquire and Customize Mobile Suits – Spend the earned DP to develop Mobile Suits after battle or spend tokens for attempts at the lottery that can award powerful Mobile Suits! You can also enhance your favorite Mobile Suits through customization!
- Base Camp – Interact with players from around the world in this online lobby! Become a pilot and make battle preparations such as upgrading Mobile Suits in the neutral base camp! In addition, you can freely interact with an assortment of battle comrades that cross your path.
- Ever-Evolving – New Mobile Suits, stages and costumes will be added to Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2, while also featuring regular events. The game will keep evolving on a daily basis!
Watch the launch trailer below.