Free-to-play virtual reality multiplayer online battle arena game Dark Eclipse will launch for PlayStation VR via the PlayStation Store worldwide on September 25, developer Sunsoft announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Sunsoft:
Created by true fans of the genre, Dark Eclipse is the first Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) created for PlayStation VR. Dark Eclipse blends classic MOBA gameplay with the deep strategic core of real-time strategy (RTS) games and wraps it up with highly precise controls built for tight split-second decision making in competitive play. The game’s fast-paced battles take place in the realm of Oldus, a once peaceful and prosperous world suddenly dragged into chaos by fierce natural disasters and seemingly everlasting darkness known as the “Dark Eclipse.” Now, players battle to either save or destroy Oldus. Japanese developer Sunsoft is celebrating its 40th anniversary, a rare milestone in game development, by reemerging into Western markets with its passion project Dark Eclipse.
- Free-to-Play, competitive online MOBA in VR
- Blends elements of MOBAs and RTS games
- Matches last anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes
- Easy-to-learn control scheme mastered for VR that allows players to drag and drop characters anywhere on the playing field for in-depth and moment-to-moment strategizing
- Engage in a draft phase to pick a team of three “Leaders” from a roster of 15 characters including human “Heroes” and hellish creatures called “Dominators”
- Expanded MOBA tower management with five different types of Towers each with different buffs, abilities and attacks
- Multiple game modes, including solo play against computers, as well as player versus player matchups, either casual or competitive ranked mode
- Playable with either one DualShock 4 or the PlayStation Move controllers
Watch a set of gameplay videos below.