Nintendo has released a new trailer and set of screenshots for the upcoming 3DS remake of Luigi’s Mansion.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Time to suck those suckers up because Luigi is back in the first portable version of this spooky classic. After winning a mansion in a contest he didn’t enter, he must beat its many bosses and puzzles. Follow a map on the touchscreen, shine a flashlight, blow fire, shoot water, stun ghosts, and trap them…before Mario is trapped forever!
All this ghost-catching tomfoolery pays off! As you suck ’em up with your Poltergust 3000, you could also rake in millions in hidden, in-game riches for our hard-luck hero. Make sure to search every area using the Game Boy Horror’s map on your touchscreen and activate its Boo Radar to track down every Boo in the mansion or spot ghosts’ weak points. After beating and capturing boss ghosts, you can select their portraits from the gallery to best your own score in tense rematches—a new feature in the Nintendo 3DS version!
- Save Mario for a change: overcome ghastly ghosts, mind-melting puzzles, and Luigi’s own clumsiness.
- Challenge bosses to rematches and see if you can up your score in the new Gallery Battle Mode.
- Luigi’s outfitted with his flashlight, ghost-stunning Strobulb, and of course, the Poltergust 3000.
- Survey the mansion map, track down ghostly Boos, and pinpoint ghosts’ weak points with the Game Boy Horror.
- Elemental medals enable the Poltergust 3000 to blow fire or shoot water to beat puzzles and ghosts.
- The first portable version of this Nintendo GameCube classic!
- Collect millions in hidden, in-game riches scattered across the mansion.
Luigi’s Mansion is due out for 3DS on October 12 in North America and October 19 in Europe.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.