Back in 1995, the Throw the Warped Code Out-developed survival horror game throwback to the PlayStation era, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PS Vita, publisher Ratalaika Games announced. In Japan, it will be published by Mediascape. The game is currently available for PC and New 3DS.
Here is an overview of the game, via Ratalaika Games:
A throwback to the survival horror and mystery games of the original PlayStation, Back in 1995 faithfully re-creates everything from this all-but-forgotten era of games.
Be transported to a world both concrete and indistinct, where you must uncover the mystery surrounding the disappearance of your daughter, the catastrophe that shook the city, and why you’ve decided to finally return.
Back in 1995 was created as a labor of love by indie developer Takaaki Ichijo as a means to replicate the unique feeling he had from his first gaming experiences: the PlayStation and the Sega Saturn.
- Get lost in the nostalgic world of retro 3D graphics, including low res models, texture warping, CRT emulation, and fixed CCTV style camera angles.
- Relive the mystery game genre with an old-school user interface and tank controls.
- Explore a sparse cityscape in the year 1995, littered with clues about the past.
- Interact with a cast of damaged characters whose intentions you can never truly know.
- Uncover the mystery of yourself, your daughter, and what happened to the city.
- Two-to-three hours of gameplay.
Watch a teaser trailer below.