The Disappearing of Gensokyo, a Touhou Project 3D action game / shoot ’em up from Chinese doujin game circle MyACG Studio, is coming to PlayStation 4 in Japan on August 24, publisher Mediascape announced.
An English version of The Disappearing of Gensokyo launched for PC via Steam in January. Here is an overview of the title, via its Steam page:
The Disappearing of Gensokyo is a Touhou Project doujin game made with our love and heart, we hope you enjoy it.
A game from MyACG Studio, a Chinese doujin game fan circle.
We have re-imagined Touhou as an ARPG, creating this “Danmaku Shooting ARPG.” Fight against different kinds of enemies, and defeat the powerful bosses of Gensokyo! We hope this game will be a good experience for those who are both new and knowledgeable of Gensokyo – the world of Touhou Project!
- Dodge, shoot! A brand new “Danmaku Shooting ARPG” game. We have kept the Danmaku features of Touhou, and re-imagined it as an ARPG!
- We know you want more playable characters~! Control characters from Gensokyo with interesting and unique abilities. Use their special abilities to defeat a variety of enemies and bosses.
- A variety of enemies! An “Incident” happens again as usual. Strange people are appearing in Gensokyo! Who are they? Where did they come from? Why did they come here? But no matter, you have to defeat them!
- Exciting Boss Combat! We spent a lot of time polishing the boss fights. Fight against famous Touhou characters, find their weaknesses, and save Gensokyo!
- Explore Gensokyo! You will explore Heaven, the Hakurei Shrine, Misty Lake, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and more famous places in Gensokyo! Explore the world of Gensokyo and find out what’s going on!
- Solve the Incident! It’s an Incident! But this time, “Incident resolver — Hakurei Reimu” doesn’t appear! Where is she? Gensokyo is in danger!